Our Irish History Tour Ticket is for those who have an interest in or want to learn more about the figures involved in key events such as the 1916 Rising, the War of Independence and the Civil War. Weave through the stunning grounds of Ireland’s National Cemetery while our expert Tour Guides share the fascinating stories of iconic figures from Irish history who have been laid to rest here.
This ticket includes the Experience Glasnevin Exhibition, and you can also choose to include the O'Connell Tower Climb with your visit.
Highlights of the Irish History Tour include:
- The resting places of: Charles Stewart Parnell, Éamon de Valera, Countess Markievicz, Maud Gonne, Michael Collins and many others.
- A stop at the ornate crypt of Daniel O’Connell, legendary statesman and founder of Glasnevin Cemetery.
- Insight into the intricate monuments and Celtic crosses that populate the grounds.
- Stories of some of the less famous, but no less interesting individuals who have been laid to rest in Glasnevin.
Highlights of the O'Connell Tower include (choose this option above by clicking on Tour, Exhibition and Tower Climb):
- A look at the ornate crypt that has been expertly restored - the resting place of O’Connell and some of his family members.
- An exhibition which delves into the history of O’Connell himself and the Tower - every block tells a story.
- Climb all 198 steps to the summit, the staircase was painstakingly restored using the original 19th century plans.
- Panoramic views of the sprawling grounds of the cemetery, the city of Dublin, Wicklow and the Irish Sea.
All our tickets prices are VAT inclusive.