Highlights of the Irish History Tour include:
- The resting places of: Charles Stewart Parnell, Éamon de Valera, Countess Markievicz, Maud Gonne, Michael Collins and many others.
- A stop at the ornate crypt of Daniel O’Connell, legendary statesman and founder of Glasnevin Cemetery.
- Insight into the intricate monuments and Celtic crosses that populate the grounds.
- Stories of some of the less famous, but no less interesting individuals who have been laid to rest in Glasnevin.
- A look at the ornate crypt that has been expertly restored - the resting place of O’Connell and some of his family members.
- An exhibition which delves into the history of O’Connell himself and the Tower - every block tells a story.
- Climb all 198 steps to the summit, the staircase was painstakingly restored using the original 19th century plans.
- Panoramic views of the sprawling grounds of the cemetery, the city of Dublin, Wicklow and the Irish Sea.
* All our prices are calculated using a VAT rounding system which, depending on the exact nature of your order, may result in very slight discrepancies between the advertised price and the actual price charged to your chosen method of payment. This discrepancy will normally be in the purchaser’s favour. If you have any queries in this regard, please let your Sales Advisor know.